Monday, March 1, 2010

If the Lawyer Fails, the Law Prevails

If the lawyer turns out to be negligent, despite my fierce allegiance to the Constitution, I might have to go with his gut instinct on this one, and just find myself another client. While no one should be subject to any search, seizure, imprisonment or capital punishment without due process of law, I don't know whether the entire process is due in this particular case. Personally, I think any man guilty of beating and raping a woman (in front of a witness no less) is already in violation of his contract with this society enough to be smitten, killing a cop kind of seals the deal. Since there is clearly no evidence against this crime occurring and at least one eyewitness to at least one of the crimes committed in this incidence, my process of judgment in regards to this individual is very brief. This is one case where I betray my liberal disposition in favor of my moral compass. Nobody deserves to die, a tenant that I usually reluctantly extend to death row, but for Albert Holland, to be honest I don't know if I can disagree with the state of Florida for wanting to kill the guy back. Even if the murder committed was a result of the crack epidemic, that really doesn't change the fact that it was murder, of an officer of the peace. If I lived in Florida I wouldn't want to spend my tax dollars to keep this dude alive, lawyer negligence or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment